Volumizers & Fillers
Dermal filler is an injectable gel made of hyaluronic acid, a type of sugar that is naturally created in our bodies. Filler is injected to add more subtle volume to areas such as the cheeks, lips, undereyes, nasolabial folds (smile lines), marionette area, chin, jawline, temples and other areas. Our injectors are highly skilled in creating very natural looking subtle results that help to highlight your natural features rather than changing your appearance. Results can last up to a year.
Before your filler appointment:
- Do not take any non-prescription blood thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen or similar products (Advil, Motrin, Aleve) for 1 week prior to filler. (Tylenol/acetaminophen is okay).
- Avoid all over the counter vitamin supplements including your regular multivitamin, fish oil, Vitamin E, garlic, ginseng, and gingko biloba for 1 week prior to filler.
- Apply topical Arnica to areas that will be treated for a few days prior to your visit and take oral Arnica tablets as directed on the bottle (available at most natural health food stores like Savemart).
- Additional Instructions:
- Hydrate and eat a large meal before your filler appointment. As the providers are performing multiple liquid facelifts per day as well as other procedures, there are times that appointments run over their scheduled time. Our providers are committed to you and will stay as long as is required to give you the very best result.
- Clear your schedule after filler so you can take time to ice your face and relax
What to Expect:
If you opted for numbing, your provider will apply numbing cream to the area prior to treatment. You may feel an initial small pinch with the tiny needle then slight pressure in the area being filled but it is not painful.
You might experience swelling in the injected area — this should subside within 48 to 72 hours of treatment.
Bruising may appear in the hours after your appointment and last up to a week post-treatment, and will gradually subside.
Aftercare: (retype our filler post care instructions)